1. Open up the Citation Finder tool above.
2. Make sure that each reference in your reference list is on its own line.
3. Copy your reference list from the document and paste it into the Enter citations box
4. Select the RIS (EndNote, etc) citation format
5. Click on Search for matches
6. Check that the tool has identified the correct citation for each. The highlighted option is the one that the Citation Finder thinks matches. Select another option or deselect the option entirely if it cannot find the correct match.
7. Download the results. The file will be named citations.ris
8. Import the downloaded RIS file in to EndNote
9. Review and make corrections to the entries. Pay special attention to non-article entries such as books, reports, and websites!