Skip to Main Content
USF Health Libraries Hours of Operation
By borrowing a USF Health Libraries laptop, you are agreeing to the following Laptop Borrowing Policy
- Current USF Health students only.
- 30-day borrowing period with power adapter and cable. Renewal may be possible but requires staff approval.
- Patron may borrow only one (1) laptop at a time.
- Patron who borrowed must be the person who returns it.
- Must be returned to Library Services Desk at the USF Health Libraries location it was borrowed from. Do not place in book drop.
- Patron can install apps, but is responsible for purchase of app(s) and information that is required to complete the transaction.
- Library not responsible if patron leaves personal information (usernames, passwords) on the laptop.
- Patron agrees to the collection of demographic data regarding their laptop borrowing.
- Laptops are to be used in accordance with USF Policy 0-502 “Appropriate Use of Information Technology Resources” (https://usf.app.box.com/v/usfpolicy0-502)
- Patron is responsible for loss/damage of all borrowed items.
- Library will purchase replacement items. Under no circumstances will the patron be allowed to purchase replacements and give them to the library.
- Circumventing security measures is prohibited. A patron found to have done so is responsible for replacement cost and a non-refundable processing fee (see below). Patron will also be blocked from future laptop checkout, and may (at the library director's discretion) be blocked from using other library services.
- This agreement must be completed once per semester, and is valid for the duration of the current semester (Fall, Spring, or Summer).
Fee schedule and other consequences for loss, damage or failure to return on time
- If lost or damaged, patron will be billed for replacement at the market price of currently available model (about $800 in value) and a non-refundable $20 processing fee. Replacement costs of power adapter and cable will also be billed if necessary.
- Fee for late return: $10 per hour or portion thereof, to a maximum of $50.
- At 72 hours overdue, the laptop will be assumed lost and patron will be billed replacement costs and a non-refundable processing fee as above, as well as maximum late fee.
- Undamaged laptop may be returned 30 days from the billing date for credit of replacement cost, but maximum late fee and processing fee are non-refundable (total $70).
- Upon second instance of keeping laptop over 72 hours overdue, in addition to the above fees, patron will be blocked from future laptop checkout, and may (at the library director's discretion) be blocked from using other library services.
- At 2 weeks overdue, in addition to the above fees, patron will be blocked from future laptop checkout, and may (at the library director's discretion) be blocked from using other library services.