To easily set your poster size:
- In PowerPoint, set the poster size in Design > Customize > Custom Slide Size*.
- When ready to print, go to Print, and select the plotter you wish to print from. You must have the plotter drivers installed to be able to see the plotters.
- When you’ve selected a plotter, go to Print Properties.
- In Paper Options, under the Document Size selection box, select Custom.
- Here, you can specify the exact size of a poster you want by creating a custom layout.
- When you’ve set the dimensions, name your custom size, click Save.
- You now have a custom size that you can print.
* Note that although Powerpoint’s maximum slide size is 56” x 56”, the plotters’ paper roll width is 36”, so one of your poster’s dimensions may not exceed 36". Change the poster’s orientation or size as needed.