The following resources are included through USF Health Libraries subscriptions and are available to members of USF Health FREE of charge. All are available for both iOS and Android devices. Most require you to register for an account with the resource provider. You will need to update/reactivate your access periodically (typically every 6 months or annually.)
1. Go to DynaMed through USF Health Libraries
2. Click on the image of the person in the top right corner
3. Register for a personal account. Make sure to note the username and password you create.
4. Download the DynaMed app through your device app store (iOS or Android)
5. Sign in to the app using the login information you created in step 3
7. Choose your preferred install-level: online only, partial install, or full install (requires no internet access to use but does require significant storage space on your device)
1. Go to UpToDate through USF Health Libraries
2. Create a personal account using your USF email address to use with the mobile app. You can use your personal account on up to 2 devices at a time.
3. Download the app from your device's app store (Android/Apple)
4. Log in using the username and password you created
5. Confirm your affiliation with University of South Florida every 90 days. To do this simply login to UpToDate by clicking on the UpToDate link.
Drug Information Apps
The following drug information databases offer access to information from your mobile device.
Members of USF Health can download the Clinical Pharmacology app to their mobile devices for drug information on the go. **This app uses considerable storage space.**
1. Access Clinical Pharmacology through the USF Health Libraries webpage
2. Click on Register in the top-right corner
3. Create an account with Elsevier using your @usf email address
4. From the main page of Clinical Pharmacology, click on your name and select Remote Access from the menu.
5. Enter your @usf email address and click Continue. You will receive an email with a link to activate your account.
6. Download the Clinical Pharmacology app through your device's app store (iOS or Android)
7. Sign in using the account information that you created
Members of USF Health can download the Micromedex drug information apps: Drug Ref, Drug Interaction Checker, IV Compatibility, NeoFax (neonatal) and Pediatrics to their mobile devices for drug information on the go. For instructions on how to access the app, click on the Micromedex page.
1. Access Natural Medicines database through the USF Health Libraries website
2. Click on Get Your Login ID in the top-right corner to create a profile
3. Download the Natural Medicines app from your device app store (iOS or Android)
4. Sign in using the account information you created